- Designed to reduce post-surgical infections
- “Jacket” is durable, anti-microbial treated, waterproof type material made to withstand repeated use and is machine washable
- Protects the post-surgical drain tube and catheter sites from water
- Designed with internal ‘pockets’ and ‘straps’ to support the weight of post-surgical mastectomy drain tubes and bulbs.
- Ability to shower and bathe may reduce stress and anxiety during recovery
Size & Fit:
S/M (US 4-12): Sleeve Length: 16.5/Cuff: 8/Neckline: 20.5/Collar Height: 3/Chest: 18
L/XL (US 14-22): Sleeve Length: 17.5/Cuff: 10/Neckline: 22.5/Collar Height: 3/Chest: 21
2X-4X: Sleeve Length: 18.5/Cuff: 13/Neckline: 25/Collar Height 3/Chest 25.5
*We strive to provide accurate product information but please refer to product packaging for most up to date details. We assume no liability for inaccuracies.
How to Use
- Place arms in SHOWER SHIRT® sleeves
- Place surgical drains in internal pockets and close with Velcro ® closure
- Loop surgical drain tube slack around Velcro ® straps
- Zip water-proof zipper to top under jaw line
- Place Velcro® work flap over zipper
- Tie drawstring around neck snugly
- Wrap cinch strap snugly around neck
In addition to mastectomy and hemodialysis patients, The SHOWER SHIRT™ can be used by individuals with the following conditions: Patients with Catheters (niagra, new tunnel and tesio), Savi Catheter patients – for radiation (mammosite procedures), Patients having lumpectomies with sentinel-node dissection, Abdominal Hernia patients with drains, Patients needing wound vacs, infusion pumps and external catheters, Patients with central lines, Lung surgery & cardio-thoracic patients
- Read ‘directions for use’ on hang tag of garment: We strongly encourage, for precautionary measures, to lean over when washing hair. We also encourage patients wipe dry the outside of garment after showering, and before removing.
- If taking a bath, DO NOT immerse the top portion of the body in water; keep the level of water no height than the bottom of The SHOWER SHIRT®.
- Dialysis patients can pull the shower shirt sleeves over the shoulder region, and the bottom of the shower shirt above the breast region for additional bathing access, while still protecting the hemodialysis catheter placed under the collarbone. For most peritoneal patients, the bottom of the shower shirt should be left below the rib cage to cover the stomach region.
*Usage suggestions are not intended to replace medical advice. We recommend that you read product labels and directions before using or consuming a product, and direct any questions to a licensed healthcare professional.